JOIN OUR TEAM.
Based in the heart of San Francisco's SOMA district, MissionCTRL is a strategic communications consultancy operating at the intersection of sustainable energy, finance, mobility and materials. Ours is a tight, experienced team that works directly with early to mid stage companies to develop communications strategies that attract capital, customers and mind share.
MissionCTRL, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We're seeking a seasoned director who thrives in disruptive sectors and craves the chance to play a pivotal role in breathing life into new technologies, materials and business models. Our director will work hand-in-hand with the innovators that are changing the global resources landscape, creating strategic messaging and media strategies that have lasting impact and results. A master storyteller, our new director can point to successful brand building and media campaigns for innovative companies. This is an amazing opportunity for a pro that wants to have a more significant role in creating the world we want to live in.
- Serves as client strategist, implementing the overall and daily vision for accounts
- Drives creative media engagement campaigns, including traditional and social
- Works closely with internal team to create content & collateral
- Acts as a mentor for junior staff in delivering and showcasing results
- 5+ years of agency experience, with a personality that thrives in small teams
- Proven ability to secure global media on a daily basis
- Gifted writer capable of transforming technical proof points into compelling copy
- Powerpoint, Excel, WordPress, HubSpot, HootSuite, Google Analytics skills required
- Self-starter that is detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Experience in energy and sustainability
- Thrives in fast-paced, vibrant environments
- Salary range based on experience, accomplishments and skill
- Benefits package including medical, dental
- Vacation packages starting at 3 weeks
We're looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern to join our fast-growing team of clean energy experts. Our ideal intern will have a keen interest in clean energy (solar, wind, efficiency, environmental science), sustainability and/or space technologies. We value creativity and sense of humor and expect the intern to be self-directed, proactive and detail-oriented.
- Monitor, track, and analyze daily news activity in relevant client industries (clean energy, finance, transportation and/or connectivity)
- Research and maintain client libraries including: speaking/awards calendars, news coverage, and media targets
- Create media profiles, campaign reports, and client meeting agendas
- Manage and monitor online social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- A bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, journalism or related communications field
- Experience in clean energy, finance, transportation and/or connectivity
- High level of comfort and effectiveness communicating
- Superb ability to translate creative thought into original writing
- Social media experience, beyond Facebook and Twitter
- The ability to manage multiple deadline-driven activities without missing a beat
- A demonstrated track record of positive results
- Design sensibilities and Adobe Suite experience would also be incredibly valuable
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Paid Internship" in the subject line.